The mentality of many Christians is that when you are very wealthy, it would be hard to make heaven based on the fact that Jesus said, it would be easier for a camel to enter through a needle than for a wealthy to make heaven. Matthew 19:24: “And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”
Hence, they based their life on the conclusion that they don’t want to go hungry and they don’t want to be too rich. This is really affecting the body of Christ. We need to change our mentality. Poverty has higher tendency to make one to lose heaven compared to riches.
If Abraham with all his wealth could make heaven while Lazarus with all his abject poverty lost it, what are we now saying? Wealth ought to be a vehicle that propels us towards heaven rather than steering us away from it.
To Make Heaven with Your Riches:
1. Seek you first the kingdom of God: Seek first the kingdom of God, especially at your youthful age; that is when every other thing (wealth) would be added to you.
2. Promote the kingdom with the money: Abraham took care of the men of God whenever the chances occur. He was generous with the money.
3. Bless others with the money: Abraham give to God by blessing his servants of about 318 and even others.
4. Invest the money to bless other generations: Abraham invested in livestock which is the reigning business of that period, and all his children have something to inherit and to continue to bless humanity with.
5. Have other generations in mind: When you have other generations in mind, you will know that one day, the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit to the one who breathed it into us. This will make you to think of heaven, and to actually get there at the end.
Image Credit: Pixabay