The 3 major reasons why bad things happen to good people are as follows:
1. Men’s Carelessness.
2. Negligence of Enemies’ Presence
3. Negligence of People’s Help.
Mathew 13: 24 – 30 tells the Parable of the Tares. The story in this passage is an analogy about the kingdom of God, but it can also be used to explain why bad things happen to good people, so that we can guide against them.
Bad things happen to good people through:
1. Men’s Carelessness: It was while men slept, that his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way (Mathew 13:25). It was good seeds the man sowed, he was supposed to reap good harvests only, but it wasn’t as expected. He slept! Sleeping here can be interpreted to mean carelessness. We need to be careful in life to guide against the influence of intruders into our lives in facilitating bad occurrences.
2. Negligence of Enemies’ Presence: Many people allowed havoc to be wrecked in their lives because of negligence of enemies’ presence. Though, the devil is the enemy but most times, he wrecked his havoc through human extension. There are many idle hands that are ready-made devil’s workshops. Beware! (Mathew 13:28).
3. Negligence of People’s Help: Many people have a wrong notion that all men are evil. Hence, they neglect help that can come from God through men. Most times God’s help comes through men. The way some men are devil’s workshops and instruments, the same way many men are used by God. It was the servants that first came to inform the householder of the tares. They first saw it (Mathew 13:27).
It is very obvious that all the three major causes of bad happenings in the life of good people, highlighted here, stemmed up from their own carelessness and negligence, though God allows it due to reasons known to Him sometimes. (Verses 28 – 30).
HOW TO GUIDE AGAINST THEM
Then, to avert evil happenings from our lives demands that we “watch and pray.”
“Watch” connotes everything we can physically do to prevent bad occurrences from happening to us, while the “pray” aspect of the solution is to be spiritually awake to conquer spiritual slumber. Don’t forget, men are much more spiritual beings than physical beings.
Wishing you the best in life adventures!
Photo by Walid Riachy from Pexels