Acts 23:5 – “…. for it is written, you shall not speak evil of the ruler of your people.”
Some people are not moving forward in life, simply because they are speaking evil of the governments of their countries. Besides the fact that they are expending their energy on a fruitless adventure, there are some other unseen forces militating against their success just because of that simple act of “saying negative things about the incumbent governments of their countries. Psalms 122:6 reads, “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love you.”
These ideas stated below will help you stop the negative attitude of speaking evil of the rulers and your country:
- Rulers are elected by the masses but are chosen by God: Most people think they chose the leaders by their votes. No, not at all! It is very good to exercise our franchise. We only voted them in, but God chose them. This is the very reason it is dangerous to speak evil about the rulers and the country.
- Rulers are accountable to God: There is no argument about this fact. Since the electorates only elected the leaders, while God chose them. I think it is better we do our best and leave the rest for God.
- Rulers are to be supported: Instead of speaking evil of the leaders and your country, pray for them, contribute to public opinion to advise them and pay your tax and all other dues.
- Rulers are to be watched: You should participate in governance. Be current about the government activities. How they are spending the budget allocation. Don’t forget it is your money. The income is from natural resources given to all of us by God, and taxes and dues paid by citizens. If you see yourself as part of the government and follow her activities closely, you will have no time for libel but to help in any area you can.
- Rulers are to be seen as people’s representatives: If you see the rulers of your country as personalities representing your interest. You will want to do everything possible to see them succeed. Have you seen anybody cutting himself with razor before? If you have, such a person should be demonic.
Instead of speaking evil about the leaders and your country, pray for her peace and her success. The success of your country and the government is your success!