Life is like a game of football or any other team game.
- No matter how good you are, you can’t do it alone. You need others to succeed in life. Even most time, you don’t need to be the best player in the world, what you need is having a right and complete team. So also is life, nobody has ever made it with solo effort. Besides God, there must be people that you attribute your success unto. God doesn’t come down most time to help people; He would rather send Holy Spirit, angels or men.
- You need a coaching crew or at least a coach. You need a coach! No team has ever succeeded without a coach. Even most players have individual manager while some of them also have individual trainers. There are no paths you want to tread that somebody had never trod before. It is very rear! If it looks as if somebody had never taken that path before, it’s likely that the person did not succeed in finding the path and blazing the trail. Even if it looks as if your coach is not a very successful man, you need his/her experience not to fail where he had failed.
- Every team has a founder as a father. Though God is our father, but there are other fathers He had empowered in life. ‘Godfatherism’ is not a bad concept; so far you play a neat game, a fowl-free one. A politician that would succeed would not take his/her godfather for granted. A coach is different from a father. A wise man said, if I see farther, it could mean I climb the shoulder of people before me.
- Every good player has a hero. If you want to be better than others on the field of play, you must have a very great player you pattern your style of play after. Ronaldo (not C. Ronaldo of Portugal) of Brazil, if I have not forgotten, sat down all through on the bench watching his heroes on the field of play in USA 94 Men’s World Cup. You know better in this aspect! You already have your own style of play, but to be better and beat the records set by many great players, you must be able to do what they have done, and add your own unique style to it. That is how you can set a new record. Ronaldinho patterned his play style after that of Okocha, and was better than him. It is not a criminal offence to copy good practice of people in life, it is a good virtue that is required for successful living, just make sure you are innovative enough to add to or make a change in the recipe to make the soup taste better.
- You can personally train your replacement. A player that has no replacement is not a success. If the team doesn’t think of your replacement, you can take it up and train him/her yourself. If you can do that, you too are becoming either a hero or a father to your trainee, and that is the ultimate of success.
- Finally and most importantly, you need the shouts, the cheers, the supports and the criticisms of the fans and the spectators. I love criticisms! Criticisms are needful and important ingredients in the pot of success that you don’t pay for. Every important thing is paid for in life, but not criticisms. Because it’s coming most times, from your ‘enemies’ free of charge does not mean you should not value them. Criticisms are very important to success in life. You think your fans, lovers, and supporters are doing a yeoman’s job, better are the critics doing. If you don’t get criticisms from anyone, you are treading and going on a dangerous adventure.
Image Credit: Pixabay.