No matter how long you live on the surface of the earth, you are a stranger (1 Peter 1:1) and also a sojourner (1 Peter 1:17b). Premature death is not your portion but long life. Meanwhile, you are not supposed to live your life as if you are going to be here for more than 120 years.
Let us examine 7 scales you can use to measure whether you are heavenly conscious while you enjoy your life to the fullest on earth.
- Girding up the loins of your mind (1 Peter 1:13) – You have to be conscious of what enters your mind and what preoccupies your thought always. In every action you take, do you think of heavens?
- Being holy in all manner of conversation (1 Peter 1:15) – The number one point talks about what enters the heart, but what comes out of your heart is also important. Think before you talk, you should say things that edify. Be you holy in your conversation and speak life to all situations and people.
- Being mindful of the work of your hands (1 Peter 1:17a) – Watch your actions. Be conscious of your relationship with others. Don’t let your actions and reactions drive away people from God and His house. Act consciously and decisively!
- Putting corruptible things like silver and gold in their rightful place in your earth (1 Peter 1:18) – Riches and money are good, and it is not a sin to desire it in surplus. There are many things to do with money including God’s work. Life is meant to be enjoyed, and it requires money as a major. Notwithstanding, you should be conscious of the fact that, “Money is the beginning of all good things, while the love of money is the beginning of all evils.”
- Having a fervent love for one another with a pure heart (1 Peter 1:22) – Some men/brethren behave in such a way that they don’t deserve our love, yet Bible admonishes us that in no condition should we hate them. Hatred is tantamount to murder! They should be loved fervently with a pure heart. Albeit, this love has to be reciprocated; we ought to love one another.
- Being conscious of Eternity (1 Peter 1:24) – You should know that one day, if Jesus tarries, your spirit, which is the real you will leave your body, and will live forever in heaven either in paradise or hell. Now the question is: which is more important: 120 years on earth or uncountable years in heaven?
“For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower thereof falls away.”
- Obeying the Word of God always (1 Peter 1:25) – The Word of God is the standard. It is the scale we need to measure our lives with everyday. “Examine yourself, you that think you stand, lest you fall.”
[wpforms id=”6125" description=”true”]