This article serves as a reminder of some of the habits, you have already known, that can make you progress.
1. Waking up early to plan your day: This is no doubt the number one habit of progressing people. I’m not saying you should not sleep for 8 hours, your body needs it, but as an adult, if it is not up to that sometimes, it can challenge your health. Meanwhile, there is an antidote for rising up early, and that is sleeping early. “Early to bed, early to rise.” You need to imbibe the habit of waking up early to plan your day, before many others wake up, so that there would be fewer disturbances to your thinking.
2. Getting to work early to start your day: Whether you are an EMPLOYEE or a BUSINESS if you to get to work promptly. If you are used to a particular habit as an employee, when you finally start your own company, it would not be easy to change such habit. Get to work early; treat the work as if it is yours, even if it is not yours. Even if you are the owner, you need to get to work before anybody. It will pay you a great dividend thereafter. Some business owners or entrepreneurs would see this as absurd, but you would serve as good example for many.
3. Observing a short break to rest your brain: Never be a workaholic! You should learn the rules of the job, and be able to read the handwriting on the wall; whenever your body asks for rest, do not hesitate to give it to it. Treat your body kindly, you need it to function here on earth. Your brain and spirit without the body is useless here on earth. Therefore, observe a deserved rest intermittently to function effectively in order to PROGRESS and SUCCEED in life.
4. Working an extra hour to relief the other day: When you have the strength, work extra hours each day. The reason is not far-fetched, a particular day would come that you wouldn’t be able to do enough. The extras you have been doing would cover for this, and serve as a relief and succour for you.
5. Having a like-minded team to get it done early: The importance of a strong team can never be over-emphasised. Select your TEAM wisely. Learn to discover talents and strength in people around you, and build a good relationship with them. Don’t focus on their weaknesses; you can even help them in this area, you can easily get it done as a team. I think different types of sports like football, basketball and so on so forth teach us enough on this.
6. Delegating some of your duties, if there is opportunity: Learn to delegate, whether you can do it better or the person can do it better doesn’t come to play here. Learn to trust people, you can’t do it all on your own. Work with others; and the part of your work that needs to be contracted out, do it, and pay the professionals very well. It pays the most, and will make you progress on the fast lane to success.
7. Seeking for help in needful areas: Do you like seeking help when you need one? Common, it isn’t a weakness to do so! This is not the same as delegation. In delegating some aspects of your daily duties, you may even know how to do it better than the person you delegate it. But in seeking for help, you are stuck along the way, you don’t know how to go about it, don’t be shy and hide the hand that pains. Exposing it is far better in the long run. The person that helps you to achieve your aim today might need your help another day.
Happy new month to you! I wish you progress in this month of June as we are rounding up the first half of the year 2019.