THINK AND GROW RICH – Money-making Secrets
“All achievement, all earned riches, have their beginnings in an idea!”
You can start your business without money, with little education, without influence. The three things you actually need are initiate, faith. and the will to win.
“One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat. Seek expert’s counsel before giving up.”
“Desire can be transmuted into gold.”
“When riches begin to come, they come so quickly, in such great abundance, that one wonders where they have been hiding during all those lean years.”
13 PRINCIPLES OF SUCCESS
1. Desire: Knowing what you want and having determination to get it. You must become money conscious until the desire for money drives you to create definite positive plan for acquiring it. Men who began in poverty, with but little education, and without influence; with desire, have actually accumulated riches in huge amounts. All you need to succeed is having “the thoughts of a king.”
2. Faith: The force that removes limitation on your way.
3. Auto-suggestion: These are the good seeds that are being sown on the virgin land of your subconscious mind until it transmutes and transfigures into its physical equals.
4. Specialized Knowledge: Knowledge will not attract money, until it is organized and intelligently directed through practical plans of action to the definite end of accumulating money.
5. Imagination: The workshop of the mind. Man can create anything he can imagine. There are Synthetic and Creative Imagination. Imagination gives birth to IDEAS. And these ideas can be transmuted INTO CASH THROUGH THE POWER OF DEFINITE PURPOSE, PLUS DEFINITE PLANS. Hardworking and honesty alone can never bring riches.
6. Organized Planning: Quality plus Quantity plus the proper Spirit of cooperation, equals perfect Salesmanship of service. “Most of us are good starters but poor finishers of everything we begin.”
7. Decision: Decision is the opposite of procrastination. Lack of decision is the major cause of failure. Don’t procrastinate. You need to take decision fast, whatever, to succeed in life. Thousands of men and women carry inferiority complexes with them all through life, because some well-meaning, but ignorant person destroyed their confidence through “opinions” or ridicule. You have a brain and mind of your own. Use it, and reach your own decisions.
8. Persistence: is the ability to move on despite all oppositions. Those who have cultivated the habit of persistence seem to enjoy insurance against failure. No matter how many times they are defeated, they finally arrive up toward the top of the ladder. The hidden Guide lets no one enjoy great achievement without passing the persistence test. Those who can’t take it, simply do not make the grade.
9. Power of the Master Mind: Power as the term is here used, refers to organized effort, sufficient to enable an individual to transmute desire into its monetary equivalent. No individual may have great power without availing himself of the “Master Mind.” There are two characteristics of the Master Mind principle, one of which is economic in nature, and the other psychic. Economic advantages may be created by any person who surrounds himself with the advice, counsel, and personal cooperation of a group of men who are willing to lend him wholehearted aid, in a spirit of perfect harmony. When the minds of two people are coordinated in a spirit of harmony, the spiritual units of energy of each mind form an affinity, which constitutes the “psychic” phase of the Master Mind.
10. The Mystery of Sex Transmutation: Refusing to turn sexual thoughts and energy, into its physical expression, but towards achieving successful endeavour.
11. The Subconscious Mind: This receives, and stores, sense impressions (thoughts) regardless of their nature. You need to voluntarily plant in your subconscious mind thoughts of success in order to actually succeed.
12. The Brain: The brain is the broadcasting and receiving station for the vibration of thought. You need to use your brain imaginatively and creatively in order to succeed in life.
13. The Sixth Sense: This is the channel through which the infinite intelligence communicates voluntarily to man without any effort from, or demands by, the individual. You have to be living in consciousness of this philosophy.
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill; Summarized by: Peter Adewumi