This post is written to say thank you to all the subscribers to LifeBlog that are not blogging on .com. Either you follow me directly on or indirectly from social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, and so on. Your being my friend has helped a lot, and we can continue our collaboration for success and life on the same platform. If you desire to have your own website free, which later you can monetize if you want, this is the best platform to do that.
Websites on are standard, fast, and easily customizable. If you don’t want to be constrained by how your site looks and functions, then, you can get a self-hosted version on .com, starting from $2.99. You can also get self-hosted site via bluehost.com or dreamhost.com. Also GoDaddy, DomainKing, etc.
These are the steps required to create your website on your own on .com, but make sure you have your first post ready.
- Go to .com/start
- Choose an option whether to start with a blog, start with a website, start with a portfolio, start with an online store.
- I would advise you start with a website first, you can change your settings later.
- If you choose “start with a website”, you would be asked to choose a theme. Choose any theme you like in the list shown, you can change it later.
- You would be prompted to enter a name or keyword so that your site can be given an address. If you already own a domain, you would be directed to another path by clicking “Already own a domain?” on the same page.
- For instance, when I was writing this, I typed the keyword motivations, and I was given the address “motivations2017..com” which is a free address. There are other alternatives like “mymotivations.blog” which is available in .com Premium, that is you have to pay for it.
- You have to select the free one, except you want to go for the premium. It will take you to a page where you have to pick a plan that’s right for you: Business is $24.92 per month, billed yearly. Premium is $8.25 per month, billed yearly. Personal is $2.99 per month, billed yearly. Free $0 for life.
- Click “start with free”, then it takes you to a page where you will create your account; you enter your email address, you choose a username and choose a password. Then click create my account. That’s all! As simple as ABC!
- If you are impacted with this write-up, get any of these three books for more. Thank you.The End Matters Most, authored by Peter Adewumi. (Print on Demand, eBook & Audio).
Attributes of Successful Employees by Peter Adewumi. (Print Book & eBook).
Virtues for Riches (Motivational Series) by Peter Adewumi (Paperback and eBook)
© 2017 Peter F. Adewumi